Partners in crime.

Some trepidation before viewing tonight's episode. The trepidation had been caused by the preview clip showing the Adipose. However, I thought I'd wait and see before passing judgement. I'm glad I did: when seeing the episode in its entirety, the Adipose worked. It made a refreshing change to see aliens in Doctor Who who were not intent on savage colinisation! The cynic in me thought that the BBC were seeing the pound signs when they saw RTD's script but what the heck they added to the comedy!
If every episode in this series contains this sort of comedy I would soon get fed up but for a season opening, I thought the tone was appropriate. I liked the scene where the Doctor and Donna were reunited and I thoroughly enjoyed the first fifteen minutes where we saw the Doctor and Donna sepeartely investigating the Adipose and kept missing each other- I enjoyed the timing of the near misses. Not all comedy has to be thought provoking simple visual tricks can work just as effectively.
Finally, the surprise at the end: an appearance by Rose- despite my reservations on the wisdom of bringing Rose back seeing her so unexpetedly gave me goosebumps- a reaction I was not expecting upon seeing the character again. This is supposed to be a season which ties up lots of plot elements which have been introduced in the last three seasons- I think it's going to be an interesting ride!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloverfield- a marmite film for my family.

Dead or Alive!

My initial thoughts on partners in crime as posted on various sites