Iron Man

After the disappointments of Fantastic four and Spiderman 3, I was beginning to tire of the comic book genre. I mean I expect visual scenes to predominate in this genre but I do like an intriguing storyline to sustain me through the visuals. I think some of the superhero comic films had relied too much on visuals and just hadn't worked for me.

I must admit that I had been impressed by the trailers and other promotional spots for Iron man so I did have high hopes for the film. Thankfully, I wasn't disappointed. I thought Downey Jr was superb as Stark- he managed to make a flawed character chariasmatic: you felt you could actually like this character although he was self centred. I enjoyed the humour and the way we saw the evolution of the suit. I thought Bridges was great and Paltrow made a great Pepper Potts.

I didn't have the patience to wait through the credits as I was too hungry. If you haven't seen the film yet, I recommend that you wait for the end: there is a nice little reveal.

Highly recommended!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloverfield- a marmite film for my family.

Dead or Alive!

My initial thoughts on partners in crime as posted on various sites